Landlord | Tenant Law

How to Get Results in a Landlord/Tenant Dispute

At the Law Office of Joshua Katz, we know that if you are a tenant being mistreated by your landlord you may be wondering, "What are my rights?" and "How do I get this resolved?"

Whether that resolution is a matter of simply setting things right or getting you compensation, we will help answer your questions. We believe that experienced lawyers can help. We know how to get you results in a landlord/tenant dispute.

We can handle landlord/tenant disputes

Joshua Katz handles cases involving all levels of tenants' rights issues from eviction actions, also known as unlawful detainer complaints, to lawsuits against owners and managers to enforce rights and recover compensation. We can address cases in which rent has been withheld due to the failure of the landlord to fix a problem. We can handle cases involving absentee and irresponsible landlords.

We handle all cases involving poor living conditions in a rental unit. Health and safety violations can lead to personal injury claims. Some examples of problems in landlord/tenant cases include:

  • Mold (moisture or water leaks)
  • Broken windows
  • Inadequate heat
  • Sewer and sewage problems
  • Defective plumbing
  • Vermin infestation (cockroaches, rats or other bugs and rodents)
  • Leaking roof
  • Lead paint

We will seek compensation for harm caused by these problems, including issues such as allergies, asthma or lead paint poisoning. We will also seek compensation for emotional, mental or stress-related damages.

At our firm, we believe in tenant rights for all people who rent or lease property. No matter what your income level, no matter what your immigration status, no matter what your personal situation is, you deserve to be treated with respect. Whether you rent a house or an apartment, we will look after you.

Free Consultations

Email us or call us at 707-546-4510.

During your free consultation, we will take the time to learn about the mistreatment you have received from an individual landlord or a management company. We will listen to you. Then we will tell you what we can do to help. We will explain the steps we will take to get you fair compensation.

We handle all landlord/tenant dispute cases on a contingency basis. That means you pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you.

We represent tenants in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County and throughout Northern California.